01/26- Bingo Night
01/22-01/26 - Great Kindness Challenge
Join us January 22 - 26 for The Great Kindness Challenge!
All week our students will be joining others around the globe in trying to perform as many kind acts as they can. We hope you will join us. Here’s an overview of the week:
Monday, Jan 22: Kindness Challenge Kickoff
- Kindness Spirit Day – Students and teachers are encouraged to wear a shirt with a kind message (homemade or store-bought)
- Review the kindness checklist in class. Students will be given a chance to commit to a kindness goal. Recommend a minimum of five kind acts for the week.
- Grades 1st – 6th will create kindness rocks during lunch – Students color and write kind messages on rocks that will be placed around the community to spread kindness. Kindergarteners will make bookmarks.
Tuesday, Jan 23: Be Kind in Your Class
- Write a kind note to a classmate
- Write kind messages around campus with chalk during lunch
Wednesday, Jan 24: Be Kind to Your Family
- Write a kind note to a family member in class and at lunch. What do you appreciate about this person? What do they do really well? What do you admire about this person?
- Student Council will distribute the rocks we created around the community.
Thursday, Jan 25: Be Kind in Your Community
- Help us thank our community helpers – Police, Fire Department and Post Office – with thank you notes
- “Kindness Helping Others” assembly for 6th grade.
Friday, Jan 26: Why Kindness Matters
- Discuss, write, and/or draw why kindness is important and what impact kindness has on self and others.
- Clean up our school with trash pickup during lunch.
Join the PTA! Torrey Hills Elementary School is better...with YOU! With your membership, all things are possible.
PTA BOARD MEMBER POSITION VOLUNTEERS NEEDED FOR 2017 - 2018 SCHOOL YEAR
Carnival Co-Chair needed for 2017/2018 school year:
Do you and your kids love the Carnival each fall? This event is not only a great event for our community, it is an extremely important fundraiser for our school. The PTA is looking for a co-chair for the annual Fall Carnival. We are looking for someone who would be interested in dedicating not only next year but the following school year to this event. Please contact email@example.com if you are interested.